Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Are you there, God? It's me, S......

Has God ever made you a promise? I know God has made me one, and I know that when He fulfills it, I don't know how one can deny He is a loving God who wants only good things for us. Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

God's promises aren't always instant cocoa. They're more like making gelato without an ice-cream maker. You have to keep going into the freezer and mixing it by hand. As each hour passes, the harder it is to mix, and the colder it feels to touch....
...But....
...the sweeter the reward.

Looking for a promise? His promises can come from the most unexpected places, the must unforeseeable times, and reinforced in the most unexpected ways. Last week I was feeling so impatient (feeling like my gelato was too cold and too hard to mix) and I was obsessing to myself about how I wish I could know what the answers were right that second. As soon as the thought popped into my head, over the radio I heard, "Are you impatient? Psalm 37:7 says, 'Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him'" (NIV). Uh, how about that for a total, "are you there God, it's me, Margaret" moment...He IS there! And the very least I can do is believe that He will deliver as He always has. That's why I l♥ve Him.
Matthew 28:20 "I am with you always, even unto the end of the world."

Soooo....while we're waiting patiently on our promises, I thought I'd share what I'd like to call my "While You Wait Cauliflower" recipe, which is paired so nicely with an organic beef steak (hubs and I cook one on the grill and split it 80/20), and the gelato recipe listed above for dessert :). It's adapted from my Local Flavors cookbook (pg 89) to be gluten free.

While You Wait Cauliflower
Serves 4 as a side dish

2 c. fresh cauliflower florets
3/4 c. corn starch
1/4 c. finely chopped parsley
5 T salted butter
2 T spicy brown mustard (I use Wegmans brand, it's GF)
pepper

1) Melt butter and combine with mustard in a bowl. Put corn starch in a separate bowl. Douse washed cauliflower in corn starch, and then in mustard mixture.
2) Fry battered cauliflower in a little bit of oil until golden brown. Mix in chopped parsley and sprinkle a bit of pepper over all.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm... That looks delicious! I might have to try it out, but with the ice cream maker that my mom's been trying to make me take home for years! (I also have to say, your picture of the gelato looks even better than the website where you got the recipe!!)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that crazy Marshmallow - what will he do next?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails