Friday, September 2, 2011

A Better Attitude

I am starting to accept that my lovely summer is coming to a halt. I am a happy girl in the summer...I sleep until 8:00, spend time with the kiddos and have very few commitments. Basically, my time is my own and it's fun. Back to school for the kids equals back to busy, sleep deprived, always on the run for me. I am determined to make it better this year and I think part of it is my attitude. I really just don't want to do things that I don't want to do!  (Hello! How old am I?) But, some of those things have to be done in order for life to run smoothly (and cleanly ☺). So, in a grand effort to be less tired, more organized and less grumpy about things I don't really enjoy having to do, I have posted the following list on the inside of one of my kitchen cupboards...in hopes for a new attitude!

1. Thank you, Lord, for the alarm that goes off in the early morning because it means I am alive.
 
2. Thank you, Lord, for floors that need to be swept and washed and windows that need cleaning because it means I have a home.

3. Thank you, Lord, for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means I have a family.

4. Thank you, Lord, for the times that I can't find a close parking spot because it means I am capable of walking.

5. Thank you, Lord, for my grocery and heating bills because they mean I am warm and fed.

6. Thank you, Lord, for weariness at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.

It's a start girls! Don't laugh! Feel free to help me add to my thank you list. I can clearly see in my mind the energetic, organized, good attitude girl that I want to be...I just need to get there! Wish me well, school starts back up on Wednesday...the alarm goes off at 5:30 AM...umm...yikes, I mean yipee!

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend everyone!


4 comments:

  1. I don't have any advice to add, but this post reminded me of this quote by Martha (no, not THAT Martha, Martha Washington!!)

    "I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition."

    ~*S*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good reminder :) "All the days of the oppressed are wretched, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast." Prov. 15:15 This is a fav. of mine... If you believe you are oppressed by life, it will be wretched or you can be cheerful about it and have a continual feast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the attitude!!!! I am working on the same. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great inspiration to read today! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails