Wednesday, June 8, 2011

beachy memories


I'm pretty sure Ball canning jars may have been one of the best things to happen to the decorating world. If you agree, you'll like this post.


 My husband and I both LOVE THE BEACH.  We visit the beach every summer, even if it's just the local beach at the lake, but of course it's always extra special to get away to a REAL beach. 


 And one of the next best things to being at the beach is finding awesome shells to take home.


 My husband and I started commemorating our vacations this way about two years ago.  We'd find a shell and (carefully) bring it home, and I take a permanent marker to inscribe the location and the year.


 Love!


 And into the ball jar go the shells.  Each shell with a beach vacation or getaway memory.


I think it will take a long time to fill, but I'm up for it!

If you're not a "it's-not-a-vacation-unless-there's-a-beach" kinda family like us, you could start the tradition with a pretty pebble or vacation trinket as well.

How do you commemorate your vacations?




 And the Marshmallow is back... or is he?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails