Thursday, March 10, 2011

Around the House

I managed to get 2 days off last week and was planning on painting our master bedroom.  It is a large room and I didn't want to paint it all one color because I thought it would just be too much and I would not like the room.  I managed to find an old picture from when we viewed the house and this is what the bedroom looked like when we viewed it.


Can you believe that there were no window coverings on those huge windows!  I'm not sure about anyone else here, but that would make me a tiny bit paranoid.  It is nice sometimes to get some privacy.


I decided to use 2 different colors.  I took the dark green (called Egyptian Nile) that I used in the mudroom and paired it with the light green (called Green Tea) that I used in the Dining Room.  Both of the colors I picked were Behr Paint colors.  I purchased them from Sherwin Williams and they color matched for me.


I painted and primed and ended up doing the skinny parts of the wall (the wall with the huge window and the opposite wall where the closet doors are) the Egyptian Nile color and then painted the longer walls the Green Tea color.  I was nervous at first because I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, but the more I walk into that room, the more I am liking it.

I can't wait until I can move all of the furniture back in!

2 comments:

  1. Great color choices, I think you'll love the finished room. Also, I'm a wee bit jealous of all that natural light in your room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for more paint on the walls! now only one more room to go! looks good Jenn! ~*S*~

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails