Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My Favorite Christmas Cookie


Dear Blog Readers,

Please let me tell you about my favorite Christmas cookie. It was first introduced to me by my mother-in-law and quickly became my favorite cookie of the season. I would look forward to the box of cookies that she would give us each year and try to nab all my favorites. I would even go so far as to make a "deal" with my husband that if I didn't eat his caramel oatmeal chewies, he would leave my Scandinavian Almond Bars alone. Oh! yes! that is their name, and I've shared the recipe with you below!

1 3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
Milk
1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds

Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. In a large mixer bowl, beat butter or margarine till softened. Add sugar and beat till fluffy. Add egg and almond extract and beat well. Add flour mixture and beat till well mixed.

Divide dough into fourths. From each into a 12 inch roll. Place 2 rolls 4-5 inches apart on an un-greased cookie sheet. Flatten till 3 inches wide.

Brush flattened rolls with milk and sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 325 for 12-14 minutes or till edges are lightly browned. While cookies are still warm, cut them crosswise at a diagonal into 1-inch strips. Cool. Drizzle with Almond Icing

Almond Icing:
1 Cup Powdered sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Almond Extract
Milk (enough to make the icing of drizzling consistency

Enjoy!!! I didn't take any pictures during the baking process, but I did receive some nice feed back about how the cookies came out!!


Do you remember the magnets we were making a few weeks ago? I managed to use some of the extra scrap-booking paper to decorate some empty boxes and I am going to use those as the gift boxes when I give them out. They came out so cute! They perfectly hold 4 magnets.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails