Monday, December 20, 2010

Yummy Cookies


Ready for more of the yummiest seven sisters cookie recipes!!! Here goes!

This year I made Iced Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies (which I blogged about in a previous post), and Italian Meatball Cookies topped with a chocolate ganache. I wrapped them in a beautiful red tin and gave them out to my seven sisters at our annual cookie exchange/Christmas party. This year it was a blast, maybe because we didn't stress out about making ornaments this year.
(makes about 2 1/2 dozen)

** Edited to add; For the cookies, I added cinnamon chunky style applesauce instead of plain.  Please use the link above to reach the recipe!

For the icing, I did this and it was easier to work with;
*1 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
*3 tbs pure maple syrup
*3 tbs water
Italian Meatball Cookies
(This is my husbands dear Grandma Anna's recipe)
* 1 cup shortening
* 1 cup milk
*8 oz cream cheese (softened)
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1 1/4 cup sugar
* 4 1/2 cups flour
*5 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 cup cocoa
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp cloves
* 1/4 tsp nutmeg
* 1/2 cup nut meats (I used very finely chopped walnuts)
* 1 cup chocolate chips
Chocolate Ganache
* 1 cup whipping cream
* 12 oz semisweet chocolate
In a medium saucepan bring whipping cream just to boiling over medium high heat. Remove from heat. Add chocolate (Do Not Stir). Let stand 5 minutes. Stir until smooth.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Mix all ingredients together until it forms a soft dough. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll the dough into little balls about the size of walnuts. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Let cool. Make a soft icing and dip tops of cookies into the icing, let set.
Below is a picture of Italian Biscotti that I made with my mother in law for Christmas. It is the most delicious Biscotti I have ever tasted. It goes perfectly with a nice cup of coffee or hot chocolate.


This year we had to make our Christmas tree childproof since little E is only 10 months old. So instead of putting any bulbs on the tree, we did pine cones and gingerbread men, this is how it turned out. Little L thinks its the prettiest tree ever! Children are so precious.





3 comments:

  1. Mar, I am really lovin' your Italian meatball cookies! That is neat that it is a family recipe!
    Thank you again for having us all in your home for the cookie party, everything looked so pretty! Nel ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - I have got to try the applesauce cookie tonight. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay - I made the Iced oatmeal/applesauce cookies and put them on my blog with a reference back to you. I wanted to "spotlight" something from each blog I picked and you are the first one. These are delicious - thank you for the recipe.
    Check out my latest post to see what I did at creativetryals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails