Monday, April 25, 2011

All Dolled up in Homemade Dresses

A few months ago I got the idea to make my girls their Easter dresses this year. At the time I didn't own a sewing machine yet, nor did I know how to sew. However, what I did know was how to crochet. I have to encourage anyone out there that has ever wanted to learn how to crochet to learn it someday because there are endless adorable projects to be done! And I mean ENDLESS!! This dress pattern was actually the first patten that I found on etsy that started my clothing making frenzy! 
Now crocheting a dress for a one year old and a four year old is not an easy thing to do. In that it took me a while to accomplish. But every night I would just do a row or too and then put it down so I didn't get tired of doing it. I love that I stuck with it because the girls looked perfect! I found the pattern, along with many other sweet patterns at the CrochetGarden shop on Etsy.com. The pattern is called Lollypop Sundress and they come in both baby or toddler sizes. Happy Crocheting!
This is how my girls dresses turned out. I made my one year olds purple and my four year olds pink. I left out the lollypop pocket in the end because I felt like it took away from the beautiful skirt on the dress. Plus it looked more Easter like without the pocket. I also sewed my own sash for both of the dresses instead of using ribbon because it just made it look a little fancier. And lastly I sewed the bow to match. (Next week: A full tutorial on how I made the bow).

Little L's: My little Fancy Nancy!!



Little E's: I just loved these colors!! So Springy!


 So Cute Matching Bow!


 I hope everyone had a lovely Easter!

PhotobucketThe DIY Show Off
          
              

The Girl CreativeMakingKeeping It Simple

craft



  
All Things Heart and Home



1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and am your newest follower. This dress is absoloutely darling!! Thanks so much for sharing your amazing talents with all of us in blog land. You have left me totally inspired.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails