Friday, April 15, 2011

Washington D.C.


Hello my lovely sisters! I am starting to feel that Spring-y feeling of all things new and fresh. So, because my house looks the opposite of anything new or fresh (try cluttered and dusty), I skipped town for a few days! Just kidding! Lulu and I had the pleasure of joining my parents on a bus trip to Washington DC. We were headed down for the annual Cherry Blossom Parade but alas, the only cherry blossoms we saw were on the ground due to recent wind and rain. We still had a nice trip, saw a lot of memorials and toured museums. I am much more interested in history now that I am older than I was as a student. I thought it was very boring when I was in school and now I find our nation's history fascinating! Here are some highlights of our four day tour...

The Cherry Blossom Parade

The President and First Lady on a parade float...just kidding, they are wax figures!! The other people on the float were real so we all did a double take!

Lulu and the Washington Monument, it was a cold but she still wore her capris and flip flops!

The Lincoln Memorial, so large and impressive

Honest Abe

JFK's grave site at Arlington National Cemetery

Arlington was really awesome, so much honor and valor

We saw the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

Ummm...excuse me sisters but does this dapper dude look like someone we know and love??? Who knew that the reason he isn't around Friday nights is because he is moonlighting as a guard in Arlington Cemetery!!! Your secret is out of bag!!

Even though the cherry blossoms were a bust, other flowering trees and the tulips and daffodils were very pretty.




There is still so much in Washington that we haven't seen yet, a return trip is definitely in order. I don't think I would ever want to live in a big city but it sure is fun to visit! Thanks to Nana and Grandpa for treating us girls to such a memorable trip!

Nel's smile for the week: The Mayor did some of our yard clean up while I was away, whoohooo!☺
Nel's frown for the week: Some furry animal with floppy ears ate all my tulips as soon as they came up! Boo...The Mayor wants to go hunting in the front yard, I don't think that is such a good idea so close to Easter, he could be the Easter Bunny after all! (the rabbit, I mean, not The Mayor)

Lulu's smile for the week: Next week is spring break...no school!! ☺
Lulu's frown for the week: The Quebec trip for next year (for French class) has been canceled because not enough students signed up, Lulu and her friends who were signed up are very disappointed.




4 comments:

  1. Whoa! Before I scrolled down and saw your comments about the guard, i thought the same thing!!!! ~*S*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here..about the guard..haha!! to funny! ~Mar*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well girls, I agree but the real thing is much cuter! :)heehee (and way more muscles) ♥J.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails