Thursday, April 7, 2011

Start out small

This past weekend we had some pretty decent weather so I decided to go outside and try and get some yard-work done.  I have a humongous yard and the previous owner only had time to mow the grass, so a lot of the yard was overgrown and very unkempt.  I started getting a little overwhelmed because there is so much to do and I didn't even know where to start.  As I was wandering, I came across the side of my garage (a separate building that used to be an old carriage house) and saw a bunch of rocks buried in the dirt with a lot of overgrown weeds and vines hanging about.  I started working on just this one small tiny area, but made such great progress!


I dug up all of the rocks there were buried there and turned over all of the dirt to aerate it a little bit.  I used the rocks I unearthed to build a little wall to section off for a possible garden for flowers or ferns.  It was hard work because some of those rocks were really big and buried deep, but I'm quite proud of how it turned out.  The before picture was taken in the summer, I have faith that our grass will return to be nice and green again!


 Don't get overwhelmed if you have a lot of huge projects to do, just take one small step at a time.  You'll be amazed how encouraging it can be to look back at your hard work that it's so easy to continue to the next step!  I can't wait for the next nice weekend so that I can tackle something else!  Our yard is a work in progress.



1 comment:

  1. our previous homeowners were the same way...it's def. little by little projects here too! ~*S*~

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails