Friday, November 26, 2010

Ode to Cranberries


Happy Day After Thanksgiving! I hope everyone ate some delicious food and you are now standing in line for the deal of the century!
This is my tribute to cranberries...I get so excited to see you in the grocery store, your time is so short. I do love your pretty red color and your tart taste. You are the star of my favorite muffin and oh! be still my heart, you are in English Muffins and bagels...for a limited time only... as per the package. I will make the most of our limited time together. Why can you get blueberry bagels anytime of year but can only get cranberry right now? Seems like a conspiracy.
I do love to eat cranberries...I made a new pie recipe this year and since I am actually writing this on Tuesday, I haven't actually tasted it yet but it smelled and looked pretty yummy. The recipe was kinda involved so hopefully it will be worth the effort.


Cranberry-Pear Crumble Pie

I also have been known to decorate with cranberries. My holiday centerpiece is a glass bowl filled with cranberries floating in water and a floating candle. The cranberries have to be switched for fresh ones after a week or so but it looks really pretty. And it provides a new and exciting water source for our 3 cats. (Yes, I am a bad cat owner, they jump up on the table but please don't tell).



How about a lovely lunch of crispy romaine lettuce, a sprinkling of craisins and just a little blue cheese dressing...yum yum. I do love cranberries!

Lulu's smile for the week: getting to drink sparkling grape juice! Yum! ☺
Lulu's frown for the week: missing our kitties

Nel's smile for the week: the girl scout cookies have all been delivered! ☺
Nel's frown for the week: Can you hire someone to decorate your Christmas tree?

2 comments:

  1. Can't say I've typically been a cranberry fan, but after my sister in laws carrot-slaw with cranberries yesterday and seeing that candle set up, my outlook on cranberries may be shifting! ~*S*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy yummy...was the pie delicious? looks it!!
    ♥J.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails