Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks: 4 years


Every Thanksgiving for the last four years, it's been quite easy to remember what I'm thankful for. My husband! That's what happens when you get married in late November. :) Next year our anniversary will fall exactly on Thanksgiving, but this year, it's today!

So, please excuse the regularly scheduled crafty-seasonal-food-related posts for a mushy gushy one.

My husband is the most wonderfully caring, loving, strong, funny, patient, plaid-shirt-wearing, mustache-bearing man I have ever loved on this earth. I wish I had the time and patience to tell our story because it's a good one and it's a reminder to me of how long God's love is. Looking back now, I can see how orchestrated my life was for me to meet my husband, for us to make each other stronger, and to take leaps of faith even when I didn't know where I was leaping to. God started work early on us and oh, it shows.

The longer I'm married the more I have learned to trust in God's promises, the power of prayer, and the truth of Ephesians 5...."Wives, submit unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord" and "Husbands, love your wives"...aka...the keys to marriage are as easy as respect and love.

I am so thankful for my husband and our four years of marriage. I wouldn't write "four blissful years" of marriage because of the time he came home with regular flour instead of gluten free flour and other such mishaps. We're not perfect, but we're still in love like it's 2006. (Nay, 2004 ♥).

So, happy anniversary to my husband....4 years, none of which I would change, even the "for worse" part has made us better. I love you.

So ladies....gentleman....what's one thing that makes you thankful for your loved one today?

3 comments:

  1. congratulations on 4 years free spirit & free spirit's husband!! we love you guys!! ♥J.
    ps...mushy is nice for a change :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww, what a nice tribute to Mr. Goblin! Hope you had a wonderful anniversary! Nel ☺

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails