Wednesday, August 31, 2011

little picasso

my girlfriend's son may not know it yet, but I think he may have a knack for the whole artist thing.

Check out the abstract drawing that appeared in a thank you note from the birthday gift we sent him (he turned 2!);


Does it look like a bird to you??  His mom and I thought so too.  That's what got my idea going... I immediately knew that with just a few tiny tweaks and a color switcheroo, the little man could look like a semi-pro!

All I did was scan the card into my computer, and opened it up in Paint.  There I cropped it down to just the bird-ish drawing and erased two small lines from the original that were distracting from the real flavor of the piece (see how technical I'm getting? haha). 


Then I saved it and opened it up in PowerPoint.  There may be an easier way to do this, but this is the "blue collar" version of making artwork since I don't own Photoshop :).  After I opened it up in PowerPoint, I simply changed the photo to black and white. I had tried to do this step in Paint, but it got a little grainy/distorted when I saved it.  Not so in PowerPoint.  Then I actually printed it onto cardstock from the PowerPoint program, because I was able to resize it to the size more easily there than in Paint for what I needed for my frame.


Ta da! It looks like a neato abstract charcoal bird drawing to me! 

What do you think?  Is he a little picasso or what?  Are your kiddo's doing any artwork that deserves to be matted and framed like this one?


3 comments:

  1. that is so cute!! totally looks like a bird to me :) and a cute one!! Mar~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this so, so much! I showed all of my family, plus the hubby's, too. Once I find the perfect place to hang it, I will post a picture on facebook :) Thanks, S!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable! And what a treasure :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails