So, here we go.....
Week of October 17 - COMPLETE!
Create a list of those for which you will need to buy gifts.Check! Create a list of those for which you will be sending cards and decide on the type of card you will be sending. Create a list of events you will be hosting, and decide what kind of event it will be.I will be hosting Christmas Eve, and also a NYE pajama party! Christmas Eve will be "bring an appetizer to share" and on NYE, I serve a big midnight breakfast!
Week of October 24 - COMPLETE!
Request lists for those of which you will be buying gifts.Check! Nail down your Christmas card idea.My Christmas newsletter is written! All I need to do is snap a photo in front of our tree as soon as it's up the day after Thanksgiving and put it on the letter, then it will be ready to print and send! Plan a shopping trip day with your girlfriends, mom, sisters, etc. to get cranking on the better part of your list.My mother-in-law and I met my sister-in-law for a day of shopping at cute boutiques and shops on the square near my sister-in-laws university. It was a lot of fun and I am excited about the unique gift I found for one of my nieces :) Start thinking about menu ideas for the party(s) you will be hosting or what dish-to-pass you'll bring to the parties you'll be invited to. If you have never tried a recip e before, do a test run this week.I've already done a test run on my holiday cookies, and the rest of my recipe's I've made before. Checkpoint week. By now you should have at least 1/3 of your shopping complete, and if not complete, a good idea of what you're getting and from where. Finish any online shopping.I am 2/3 done with my shopping!! Right now I have mostly my homemade gifts left to make. The rest of my gifts I know what I am getting, I just have to get out there and pick them up! Make a list of those for whom you'll be giving cookies, or a small gift (co-workers, neighbors, host gift, etc.).Check! Nail down a date with your girlfriends for a cookie exchangeCheck! Dec 17! Decide what kind of cookie(s) you'll be making for any cookie ex changes.Hazelnut crisps and peppermint squares! By now you should have a set-in-stone menu/dish to pass for any other events you'll be hosting or attending.Check!
- By now you should have completed your "small gift shopping" (co-workers, neighbors, host gifts, etc.) ! --I still have 2 homemade things to make, but I do have the supplies...craft night with 7S is this weekend!
- Thanksgiving week! (Sorry you're on your own for those plans)
- After Thanksgiving weekend- decorate the house! I suggest hot cocoa with whipped cream, Christmas music, and a big ole star on top 'o the tree.
- Time to get serious about shopping. Buckle down this week and get the list completed, I don't care if you have to knock down the Santa at the mall to do it, just do it! Need last minute ideas?
- Wrap gifts. Make a list of those who you will need to give a gift to outside of Christmas Eve/Day festivities so you don't forget to make sure they receive it. Mail any gifts that need to be mailed with "don't open till Christmas" tags.
- Mail holiday cards.
- Make a grocery list of food items you'll need for next week and get your grocery shopping complete. Bake the sweet stuff and anything else you can prepare in advance and make sure your recipe cards are ready to go!
- It's go time! You're hosting your parties (that you're well planned for), give the house a quick clean, put on some (more) holiday music, and enjoy the time you worked hard for.
How are you doing on your Christmas to-do list? Do share!