Monday, November 1, 2010

Pumpkins and Spice and Everything Nice.....


This year I decided to do something a little different with Little L for Halloween. Of course she went out trick or treating and even survived the sleet and rain that drenched on us Halloween night. All the while in her Sleeping Beauty heels. I think she got complemented at every house for how well, and how long she walked in those shoes!
A few days before Halloween I began thinking of how I wanted Little L to experience it. She is only 4 and I began thinking how nice it would be if she could experience giving on a holiday that would otherwise encourage receiving. So I talked it over with the little one and she said, "Ok... mom... that sounds fun... as long as I get to keep all the smarties". Smart girl, I don't know if I could give those up either. So the day before Halloween she got all dressed up as the pretty princess and off we went to the assisted living / nursing home that her Great Grandpa lives at. As soon as we got there she started handing out tons of candy to all the residents who lived there. Much to our luck they were having a little concert for the residents so tons of people were out of their rooms. The looks on their faces when they saw a little princess coming their way was completely priceless. I can't even describe it, so many of them just had tears in their eyes. One little old lady just cried when Little L gave her a piece of candy and said "Happy Halloween" in her sweet little voice. The thank you that she gave little L just brought tears to my eyes. The experience was amazing and even little L said that it was a lot of fun. As we were about to leave she looked at me and said with a big smile on her face; "You know mom, I made a lot of people happy today."
I just wanted to share our experience and ask if anyone has done anything similar for others that involves kids and to please share the idea with the seven sisters :)
(And of course her Umpa was very excited to see her too)

2 comments:

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails