Friday, November 26, 2010

♥'s full of thanks...

Happy 2 days after Thanksgiving...i just wanted to savor this holiday..because we immediately dive into the the next, the very next day...welcome to chaos...so just for this weekend, forget about black Friday (who wants to wait in line all night in the freezing cold anyway to save a couple bucks?)...forget about the gift list, the cookie plans, the joann fabric coupons that would save us 203 percent of our total purchases... and take a while to reflect on what you're thankful for...I have plenty to ponder...



Lord, so often times, as any other day
When we sit down to our meal and pray



We hurry along and make fast the blessing

Thanks, amen. Now please pass the dressing




We're slaves to the olfactory overload

We must rush our prayer before the food gets cold





But Lord, I'd like to take a few minutes more
To really give thanks to what I'm thankful for




For my family, my health, a nice soft bed

My friends, my freedom, a roof over my head




I'm thankful right now to be surrounded by those
Whose lives touch me more than they'll ever possibly know




Thankful Lord, that You've blessed me beyond measure

Thankful that in my heart lives life's greatest treasure





That You, dear Jesus, reside in that place
And I'm ever so grateful for Your unending grace





So please, heavenly Father, bless this food You've provided
And bless each and every person invited





Amen!

~Scott Weseman~

2 comments:

  1. Amaaaazing! I like how you took your own spin on the other tutorials :) ~*S*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. J...everything is picture perfect! You are a shining star when it comes to entertaining and decorating! Hope it was as fun as it looks! Nel ☺

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails