- Take the wooden letter and trace out on the scrap booking paper the shape of the front and back. Cut out.
- Paint the edges your desired color (I like a acrylic because it dries in a snap)
- After the paint is dry apply the paper with Mod Podge to the wooden block, let it dry
- Sand the edges (where the paper meets the wood) with nail file. This gives it a nice worn look that I love.
- You may write on the paper addressing the gift if you like
- Mod Podge all sides to seal, let dry
- Affix to gift with ribbon
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Mod Podge Your Gift Tag
This past weekend little A was invited to her first birthday party (for little E!). So in spirit of the day I called little E's mom (Mar) to "ask" what should we get her for her birthday. Her response was "clothes" (as her first little one was born in a complete different season). And for me buying little girl clothes...no problem....this is ultimate fun!!!! However, after I had made my store bought purchases....I had this little sad feeling inside...."nothing is homemade about our gift!" Now you crafters out there understand....when you LOVE crafting and being creative doing it is a necessity, it's like breathing...(OK maybe I am a little carried away). ANYHOOO this is how I gave my store bought gift some homemade love.