Tuesday, August 24, 2010

b e a u t i f u l...♥

...lately girls, (well not lately...always) i must confess i've been stuggling with my role as mom...struggling with motherhood...there's the days i feel like the rope in tug of war, and others like a yoyo bouncing from "good mom" status to "bad mom" status...i know all mom's wrestle with similar emotions, but for some reason i've been really down on myself...
it wasn't till after sharing this with my precious friend (and going through Lysa TerKerust's book "am i messing up my kids?") that i realized when i stand in the shadows and compare myself to other moms, or to the standards by which the world measures my "mom deeds" by...i will never measure up...i will never compare...
but! yes, but...when i step out and stand in the light of Calvary - the price paid for me...i am beautiful in His eyes...i am filled...i am overflowing...i am satisfied...

"my flesh & my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart,
and my portion for ever" ♥ Psalm 73.26

...Lysa says in her book..."and suddenly it occurred to me: with God, i'm never a bad mom...i might be having a bad moment...or two...or seventeen, but a few bad moments do not define me as a bad mom...God's grace is there to cover me...teach me...and even in the middle of a bad moment, interrupt me, redirect me, and change me...forgiveness is there...love is there...a second chance is there...and another one after that...you are a good mom, my friend...even if like me you've had a few bad moments...you are exactly the mom God knew your children needed...let's live in that truth today..."


"bless the Lord, o my soul, and forget not his benefits...
...who forgiveth all thine iniquities...
...who healeth all thy diseases (we're talkin spiritual here)...
...who redeemeth thy life from destruction...
...who crowneth thee with lovingkindness & tender mercies...
...who satisfieth the mouth with good things...
...the Lord is merciful & gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy...he will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever...he hath not dealt with us after our sins: not rewarded us according to our iniquities...for as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him...
...as far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions...
...for he knoweth our frame...
...the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children..."
♥ Psalm 103

...so...for right now i'm choosing, and asking, one day at a time, that my Heavenly Father would give me His loving perspective of how He sees me, resting is His lavish love...asking for forgiveness for some of my actions, and then letting them go...
...and knowing in my ♥ that i am beautiful...in His eyes...




ps.thanks Mar for pavin' the way for me :)
i guess our hearts were in the same place this week ♥

2 comments:

  1. holy cow J....totally in the same place this week!!! its awesome to see how God puts us in each others lives... God knows exactly what we need!! awesome post! ~Mar*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a better mother out there. I would want no one else to raise my children. Someone is a lucky man.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails