Monday, August 9, 2010

Everyone Needs a Handyman



Last Christmas my husband and I were looking at getting a kitchen playset for our daughter. We really did not want to get one of those plastic centers that you see at all the toy stores, we wanted something she could grow up with, love, and pass onto another generation. However, after looking up the cost of a kitchen set like that we knew there was NO WAY! This is where the handyman comes in. I believe my sisters would agree that our Dad is an awesome handyman! He can do/fix literally anything! Between the three of us we keep him very busy. So my dad and I came up with a plan and decided to build the kitchen set ourselves. For the money we could have spent on one of those plastic sets we bought our own wood and paint and made it ourselves.


The finished product (we were hiding it in the basement so please don't judge! :)


The finished stove

The finished fridge

Crocheted pie and tart set


Crocheted berries for the tart





Crocheted cookies and cupcakes

It ended up being a project for the whole family but at a fraction of the cost! My dad built it, 'S' made the curtain and I painted it and crocheted all the play food.


On Christmas morning, my daughter was speechless. It was totally worth every drop of sweat poured into it. Plus it is something we can pass onto the next generation! And so much cuter that anything we could have bought.


This got me thinking about another Handyman in my life. The ultimate Handyman, the Lord. There is no job to big, expensive or difficult that he can not fix or mend. If we pray and trust in him nothing is impossible. I have to remind my self every day to allow him to teach, mold and build a life in me and my children that is pleasing and uplifting for Him.


My verse for the week!


Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea I will help thee; yea I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Isaiah 41:10

My daughters hilarious statement of the week!

"Mom.. did you know...my bottom follows me wherever I go!"









Isaiah 41:10

3 comments:

  1. Love you dad! Great post Mar! I am almost crying!!!! ~*S*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Related quote from last weekend: "Cows have BIG bottoms!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. what would we do...where would we be...without our dads? the smiling mugs make me want to pick up my hook right now :) ♥J.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails