Wednesday, August 4, 2010

May All Your Weeds Be Wildflowers

Last week I found myself wandering the aisles of a local garden center. There were lots of plaques with funny/cute sayings like "garden of weedin'" and "friends and flowers make life a garden."

There was one sign that stuck out to me though, and it said, "may all your weeds be wildflowers." It stopped me and I read it again. It's so easy to look at our lives in terms of weeds or wildflowers, and speaking for myself, the past few months did have the potential to be viewed as pretty weedy. Yet, I'm not even through the thick of these "weeds," and I know that all I see are fields of wildflowers.

And why? This is why:
I came across this rock the very next day I had come across the wildflower sign.

The way I see it, there are NO WEEDS. Only perceived weeds. When we as Christians face tough times, we face every one of them with Christ in front of us, next to us, and behind us. It's our human nature that sees those weeds, because we limit ourselves to seeing them as weeds and not wildflowers.
The true definition of a weed is "any undesirable plant" AKA... a weed is what we make it. Philippians 1:9 says, "And this I pray, that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and in all judgment." I know for sure that when Jesus is my first love, every weed is a wildflower, because when you look at this world through eyes of love, everything is beautiful, we are so so lucky, so blessed to even be able to breathe this air, to marvel at a weed, or a rose, to be thought so highly of by God to have these earthly experiences as well as the free gift of a heavenly one. The more we know about Him, the more we can't help but love Him, and the more we learn to notice the weeds as wildflowers.

How can I be in want of anything?

If you're like me, you've caught yourself more than once standing in between the cactus and the crocus aisle unsure of which you want to lean towards. When you do, remember Him. "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13). Let Him take over, and you'll be headed straight for the crocus'.


AKA the free spirit :)

5 comments:

  1. such an awesome reminder! I love you. ~Mar*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true ~S~!!!! Reminded me of the thought that in Christ, there are no such things as problems, only projects. In fact, the word "problem" does not even exist in the Bible (check it out for yourself in the "Strong's Concordance). God has no problems!!!!!!! Thanks again for taking the time to encourage our faith!!!....."B"

    ReplyDelete
  3. where was that cool rock?!?...free spirit, "you have put gladness in my heart" ps.4:7 ♥J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you S for reminding me of The Lord's Beauty in everything.
    Gardening Grandma

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails