Monday, August 30, 2010

LOVE LOVE LOVE Crochet

I absolutely LOVE to crochet. Ironically, I learned in a round about way from J before I even knew her. My sister S was her friend before I was and she came home one day and told me that J had shown her how to crochet and then my sister S showed me. And from that day I have never stopped crocheting. So, J I have you to thank for all the wonderful things I have made :)
I seriously can't stop making things for my girls, all the patterns are just so cute, especially from ana paula.

I know your going to call me crazy but I started making things already for Christmas for my girls. These two little guys are going into their stocking with a little kids book associated with it. I was thinking the hungry little caterpillar book can go with the apple and worm, but I still have not figured out what book to go with the snail and pear. So I am totally looking for suggestions.


A close up of the worm and apple (this one is going to my 4 year old)



The apple is his little home :)

A close up of the little snail in his home (this one is for my 6 month old but she will be almost a year when Christmas arrives )

Recipe: This one's for you Bob :) Happy Birthday :)
Apple, Cherry and Walnut Salad with Maple Dressing
Dressing:
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
3 tbs white wine vinegar
2 tsp sugar
1/2 cup veg. oil
Salad:
One 5 oz bag mixed greens (or romaine)
2 granny smith apples
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup toasted walnuts
Verse of the day: That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises. Hebrews 6:12
Leia's saying of the week: while viewing the otters at the zoo "those guys are so cute...I just wanna take one home and eat him"... Now I know she's taking after grandfather!!



3 comments:

  1. this one looks cute! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/997479255X/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0753452421&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1ME9SH9X567Z1CDTC4T5

    ~*S*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's another...
    http://www.christianbook.com/its-hard-hurry-when-youre-snail/dorothy-stewart/9780825478383/pd/478383?item_code=WW&netp_id=569895&event=ESRCN&view=details

    ♥J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks girls... they both look really cute... i think im gonna order them both!! :)~Mar*

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails